Friday, April 2, 2010

{DAY 3}

Ok pictures wanted to be first on this post I guess....
My poor baby uncomfortable on high flow oxygen but still had her eyes open for a minute
In her crib with all her machines


Awe....



The stuffed animal Peyton brought for her from the gift shop even though he couldn't see her



Day Three:
Day Three started out with them still being pretty worried about Miss Addysons breathing. She was trying soooo hard to breath, it hurt to watch her little head bob back and forth and her stomach retract into her ribs.. so sad. But I needed to get home and shower and freshen up to renew myself after my emotional breakdown the night before. Dean came to relieve me and I headed home, of course as soon as I walked in the door, he called and had the news that they had decided to move Addyson to the PICU unit (which is worse than where she was at) and get her on a high flow of oxygen. She would need to be there at least 8 hours and could go back if she progressed. Of course that had to happen while I was gone... made me feel even worse, but I knew she was in good hands! I hurried to shower and hurried back where we entered the PICU. Everything was pretty much the same here, however they had her on a higher flow of oxygen and she seemed to be doing ok with it.. not too bad so we kinda just sat and waited most the day. I was still pretty exhausted but its so hard to want to leave my sweet baby girl. We had a feisty nurse come in for the night and she insisted that I go home to sleep, after about an hour of deliberating I decided Dean and I would both go home to sleep. The PICU is alot different, they have one nurse to every baby that sits here and watches them 24-7.. so I felt alot better. They did however warn us before we left that she was still working pretty hard to breathe and would probably end up putting her on a c pap machine.. a higher dose of oxygen pretty much. We of course were up for anything to make her more comfortable.... so we took off to home to get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment